Walker’s House was completed in 1655 and occupied by the Watson family during the restoration of the Castle after the Civil War. The splendid central staircase is a particularly fine piece of carving. It may have been the original Tudor staircase for the main house. Over the centuries Walker’s House has been put to many uses and has recently been improved to provide modern and comfortable facilities including a large dining room, bar, dance area and two small rooms on the upper floor suitable for changing or perhaps a fun casino.
Family portraits, hunting trophies and open fires provide the ideal setting for lunches, dinners, meetings, receptions and conferences.