The safety of our visitors and staff is of paramount importance to us. Rockingham Castle is very proud to already be a part of the Visit England ‘Good to Go Scheme’ and we are taking all reasonable steps to make sure everyone remains safe whilst one site.
Below are some of the steps related to the Jousting Event that we are taking:
- We are selling tickets on a pitch only basis. Most pitches are for up to four persons, adult or child, from the same household or social bubble. There are a limited number of larger pitches for bigger households or social bubbles.
- Pitches are 1.5m x 1.5m in dimension and are spaced 2 metres apart from the next pitch.
- As the event is entirely outdoors, face coverings are not compulsory but can be worn if you feel more comfortable.
- We have provided our staff will be provided with the appropriate PPE for the task that are completing.
- We will have hand sanitiser on posts around the site for visitors to use and encourage all visitors to sanitise their hands regularly. All visitors must use the sanitiser on arrival to site.
- We have hired in portable toilets and closed our toilets inside the buildings; this is to prohibit visitors having to cross paths in enclosed spaces.
- Toilets will be cleaned regularly throughout the day.
- A full risk assessment has been carried out and is in line with the government advice.