Covid-19 Information for Visitors
Last Updated: Monday 19th July 2021
As England continues to lift restrictions from Monday 19th July 2021, we are continuing to monitor the current restrictions we have in place to ensure all staff and visitors remain safe on the Rockingham Castle estate. Therefore, we will continue to politely remind all visitors of the following rules that will remain in place:
- Please do not visit if you have a new, persistent cough, fever, or loss of/change to your sense of taste or smell, but instead stay at home and contact NHS 111 for advice
- Maintain social distancing throughout your visit and adhere to all guidance shown on signage and provided by staff
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol based hand sanitiser
- Face coverings must be worn when inside the Castle, the Gift Shop and other indoor facilities at Rockingham Castle. Our customer-facing staff will also continue to wear face coverings indoors.
- Protective screens and hand sanitiser stations will remain in place throughout the Castle and grounds.
- We will continue to use our pre-book ticket system online to monitor and control the amount of visitors in the Castle and grounds for Open Days and Events. We will review this with the view to increase our capacity once we feel it is safe to do so.
- Access to the car park will only be possible with a pre-booked ticket, available in advance from our website only. For more information or to book tickets please visit our ‘Opening Times and Tickets Page’ here
- We will continue to operate an increased frequency of cleaning on all touch points
- We will be operating a Cashless system. We ask all visitors to pay using a credit/debit card. Cash will no longer be accepted onsite.
- In line with current advice we regret that St Leonards Church, the Dungeon, Audio Visual room and Salvin’s Tower will still remain closed until further notice.
We would like to reassure you that the health and wellbeing of our staff and visitors is our priority and we will continue to ensure that Rockingham Castle is ‘Covid-19 secure’. We have following the governments ‘5 Steps to working safely’ which can be found here.
We very much appreciate your continued support during this period. If you have any queries regarding COVID-19 restrictions at Rockingham Castle, please contact the Estate Office: email@example.com
We look forward to welcoming you to Rockingham Castle soon!